Sunday 22 January 2012

Analysis of publishers for magazine.


VIBE
Vibe is not a Hip Hp magazine as much but it is still as music magazine and uses some Hip Hop artists on it who of which suit the genre of my magazine. I like the way they use their images to show power and make the artist look big and strong, i would like to use the same type of style of image on my magazine. The big mast head is placed is always placed on the top of the magazine and in big font, the artist is also placed infront of the mast head which again shows power and links the the image of the artist. I will also use these types of techniques on my magazine and is why i have chosen to use Vibe as a publisher for my magazine. However, there are some draw backs with this magazine style which i won't use on my magazine for example the amount of text on this front cover does not suit the style i want and so wont use as much and just keep it abit more simpler.

XXL
I have used this magazine a lot for my reasearch and the genre and their target audiences they use and have are almost identical to the ones i intend to use for my magazine.They mostly use Hip Hop artists on their front covers and write articles about them. My magazine will also be about Hip Hop as this is my favourite style of music. I will take ideas from their exsisting magazines and try use them on mine. I really like the styles of fonts, pictures and positionings of the elements on used on their pages of the magazine. 
My magazin can relate to ones XXL have made and so i think it will be good to use them as publishers of my magazine. They don't have much on the front cover of their magazine and it is quite plain but it still stands out so well and attracts the audience with the big picture and their clever use of words for The lead (this gives the reader information about what is going to be in the magazine). The colour scheme XXL use is very contrasting and they all go well with each other. I will keep my magazine cover quite simple and use the colours well on them so it's clear and eye catching; XXL does this and is why i would like this instituion to publish my magazine.   


 
For my magazine i will use a mixture of techniques from these magazines to develop my own and as my magazine will therefore link to them both, i believe they could both be eligable to produce my magazine.

2 comments:

  1. Vish.

    keep up the hard work and check my blog to see what is required from a level four blog.

    With regards one of your earlier posts AVOID multiple images on you cover at all costs. Make you cover like a piece of art, keep it clean, simple and elegant (a bit like the XXL).

    Also on my blog is tips for you pitch and a password for animoto, make use of those.

    ReplyDelete